The painting continues from yesterday.
I wonder if Mrs M Parfitt has paid her balance yet.
projects on the go
This house stands tall among the others on its block. It is a wooden structure built in 1911. It has been added onto a few times, some of which must be torn down or reworked. There does not seem to be outstanding history connected to this house. There is, however, a large foundation problem to be corrected – stable for now but in need of heavy work. You can read all about its progress here. Comment are welcome.
Should I give up rhyming?
Floyd and I looked at the drywall in the sun room yesterday. It was damaged at the top and just didn’t match the rest of the room. What’s more, it was yellow! “Just pull it off then,” Floyd said. So we did. I got four new panels the same as yesterday’s. All the painted paneling and drywall will return to oak paneling. I spent yesterday staining them, and today they are polyurethaned. (Yes, I’m aware that polyurethane is not a verb.)
attempt at removing old yellow paint from oak paneling (took bloody forever):
pulling off old painted paneling:
insulating while there’s a chance to do so:
And the scraping continues, this time on the second floor in the middle bedroom. The baseboards are all painted white, but they’re nearly impossible to remove without damage, so they’ll have to remain white. We’ve taken the trim boards off of the closet and ran them through the new planer and quarter them with polyurethane (yesterday). They look good, but now I’ve got to scrape the window frames as well. Dang. All under days work.
We came up with a plan for the living room / dining room opening. We replaced the framing with 2x6s. We bought some 2x6s from Lealta and ripped a sliver of wood off. I’ll sand, stain, and polyurethane them. They’ll be used as trim rather than adding 1x6s. I still need to fasten them. I’ll show you when I’m done.