We came up with a plan for the living room / dining room opening. We replaced the framing with 2x6s. We bought some 2x6s from Lealta and ripped a sliver of wood off. I’ll sand, stain, and polyurethane them. They’ll be used as trim rather than adding 1x6s. I still need to fasten them. I’ll show you when I’m done.
The baseboard 1x8s are ready now – routered, stained, and urethaned, so we put them up. Because the floor is not really level across about 24 feet (7.3m), there were adjustments needed. It turned out to be easiest to cut them into specific lengths to match the straight parts of the floor.
The rear deck post is fixed now, too.