Version 8 is geared to be a little more streamline. It sits at 4′-7½” total height from the ground and includes a 12-inch radius curved cut front, roof, & rear. No, the innards aren’t going to stick up like this. But I want to get the shape right first. That’s one of the few artistic expressions of teardrops – the shape.
This compromises available space in the galley. Where will the water tanks go? And the microwave? They can fit down below.
The microwave will be at a less convenient level, but,
- It won’t force the user to reach across 18 inches of counter top plus the depth of the microwave to get at food.
- You won’t burn your arms reaching over top propane burners.
- Kids can microwave popcorn.
- I can microwave my coffee without raising my butt out of my chair. How convenient.
- Plus, there is a space for a drawer for pots & pans (well, perhaps only pans) under the microwave. It also lowers the overall center of gravity by a smidge.
But it’s so dang wide! The microwave is 19″ wide, and the fridge is 24″. That doesn’t leave much. What to do, what to do.